Dear Friends and Allies,
On Tuesday November 29, 2016, which is the United Nation’s International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, we are staging an action for Palestinian rights at the Edgewood Retail District, 1250 Caroline street (off Moreland Ave), in Atlanta.
We will be acting in concert with more than 100 cities around the world in this Global Week of Action (Nov 25 to Dec 3) to bring international pressure on Hewlett-Packard (HP) companies to stop cooperating with Israel in their supression of the human rights of Palestinians in the occupied territories. We will be picketing, leafleting, gathering petition signatures, and asking customers to request that store managers de-shelve HP products from their stores.
When: 6pm to 8pm, Tuesday November 29, 2016
Where: Edgewood Retail District, 1250 Caroline St, Atlanta, GA, in front of the Best Buy store and the Office Depot Store
What: picketing, leafleting, petition signature gathering, customer education
Why: to promote Palestinian human rights
What you can do:
1. Share the Atlanta event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ events/715092828653461/
2. Join the International Thunderclap before Nov. 29: https://www.thunderclap.it/ projects/49815-boycott- hewlett-packard?locale=en
3. Share the petition: tinyurl.com/stophp
4. Share videos:
5. Use these hashtags on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram: #BoycottHP or #StopHP.
6. Important: on Dec 29-Dec 1 please tweet using this: #HPEDiscover to flood HP’s official convention hashtag with HP boycott tweets!
7. Ask your church/synagogue/mosque/ temple/place of worship/place of work to divest from HP, stop buying HP computers and printers, and/or at least stop buying HP printer toner.
(The Presbyterian Church (USA), United Church of Christ, Quaker Friends Fiduciary Corporation, Mennonite Central Committee, and Unitarian Universalist Association have already divested from HP companies due to their involvement in the occupation.)
For more information:
Help us show HP companies that enabling Israeli apartheid is bad for business!
Please help get the word out by sending this email on to your organizations.
Thank you for your support,
Jewish Voice for Peace, Atlanta