Rabbi Arik Ascherman, Rabbis for Human Rights, will be here in Atlanta this week Nov 6-7. There will also be two more Fundraisers for Gaza this Sunday and November 17. Please circulate the information widely.
Rabbi Arik Ascherman is speaking at Congregation Bet Haverim, Georgia State University and The Temple. He will be speaking about Rabbinic Views on Human Rights in Israel/Palestine, the current issues facing Palestinians and Israelis from the assault on Gaza /war this summer, increased land confiscation, Bedouin struggles and more.
Please join one or more of these events and invite your friends.
Rabbi Arik Ascherman:
- Thursday November 6 7:30 pm at Congregation Bet Haverim, 2676 Clairmont Rd (CCUCC) Atlanta
- Friday November 7 at 12:30pm at Georgia State University, 34 Peachtree, 21st floor, Atlanta
- Friday November 7 at 6:00pm at The Temple for Shabbat Services, 1589 Peachtree Street, Atlanta
All events with Arik Ascherman are open to the public. please be respectful of the Friday Night religious services at the Temple (see note below).
Two Fundraisers for Gaza (see attached flyers):
- Sunday November 9 A Wish for Palestine at 10:30am near Athen’s GA (come support UGA students in their fundraiser for Gaza, family friendly event) (Funds go to Palestine Children’s Relief Fund)- ($10-12) at 2661 Hog Mountain Rd. Watkinsville, GA (Near Athens)
- Monday, November 17-An Evening of Music with Michael Daborsky-Fundraiser for Ahli Hospital in Gaza at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, 1790 Lavista Rd. Atlanta, GA ($20/$10 students)
Hope to see you soon at one of these events,
Jewish Voice For Peace-Atlanta
Interfaith Peace Builders; join the May 16-29 delegation to Israel/Palestine